Hmm, I just reblogged it from another site, but I think I can help you in terms of what to buy and how to do it. If you click the link, it’ll take you to the complete photo post that shows you what you need. In any event, here’s the list:
- Nail polish
- Floral wire, a thin bendable wire is ideal. 26 Gauge is fine.
- Floral Tape
- Wire cutters/scissors
- a pencil or cylindrical object to wrap the petals around
- Ribbon (optional)
- First, you’re gonna need to make the crown. You can do this by using the wire you already have or you can use an old headband or anything that you like that resembles a headpiece. Thicker wire is also fine for this step. As you can see, OP twisted two pieces of wire together and left loops at the end (to attach the ribbon). Then they covered it in brown floral tape.
- The second step is to make the flowers. Using your pencil/cylindrical object, twist the wire around it to create a ‘petal’. Repeat this until you have at least a couple of petals. 3-6 is usually fine, it’s really your call.
- SLIGHTLY bend the petals back to create a natural looking petal.
- After you are satisfied with the shape of your petals, cut out your flower, leaving some wire left to attach it to your crown.
- Repeat the first few steps and make the rest of your flowers.
- Take one of your flowers and CAREFULLY apply nail polish to it, one petal at a time. Think of it like making bubbles. It may be easier to pour the nail polish in a flat plate and dip it, or dip the entire flower into the polish.Repeat this for all your remaining flowers.
- Twist the two ends of your flowers together to form a ‘stem’.
- Wrap the stems with floral tape, preferably with the same color you used in the base of the crown.Repeat this for all your remaining flowers.
- The third step will be attaching the flowers to your crown. You can do this a few ways. One way is to wrap the stems around the crown. Another way is to just wrap the stems with floral tape as you go along, like the OP did.Do this until all your flowers have been attached to your crown.
- At this point, you can tie the ribbons to the loops like OP did, or decorate it any other way you like. :)
Enjoy your new floral crown!
- You can purchase most of the items in Walmart, Michael’s or any craft or flower store. You can also order it online. :)
- REMEMBER, this tutorial is just a guide. If you don’t want to use brown floral tape or if you prefer using the green floral wire, don’t be afraid to change it up. You can use any color or material your heart desires.
This is the link to the DIY Floral Crown post.
Sorry for replying late. I hope this helps you with making your own crown. :)
holy shit this nail polish thing is so clever! 8O
posting this before bed in hopes of causing it to happen again: last night a magical thing happened and i dreamed an amazing episode of brooklyn nine nine
amy got shot rescuing a bunch of people from a hostage situation (it was badass), and she was taken to the hospital, and when she woke up from surgery jake was there? but jake had made the panic decision that he should make her hospital room into something she’d like, so he’d used her apartment as inspiration and covered the ENTIRE ROOM, like EVERY SURFACE OF THE ROOM, with paper doilies.
"YOU LIKE DOILIES," jake yelled, wide-eyed, from beneath the doily on his head, when amy through the haze of several different painkillers still managed to judge him. "I THOUGHT YOU APPRECIATED OLD-LADY CHIC, AMY!!!! I THOUGHT THIS WAS HOW YOU ROLLED!!"
i’ve honestly never been sadder to wake up in my life, it was so beautiful
Hey guys, I’m seeing a lot of comments about Tyler Hoechlin’s John Varvatos jacket at the 2014 MTV Movie Awards and I feel like I have to clear the air.
People are under the impression that Tyler had spent $3k on a jacket and it was a huge waste of money. I can really safely say that he didn’t buy that jacket.
There are two types of stylists: a personal stylist or an in-house stylist for a brand. Tyler is probably under the second category because he is always in Varvatos or Diesel. A personal stylist would have access to a lot more brands.
Either way, once Tyler has a stylist, it means he doesn’t have to pay for the items he’s wearing on the red carpet. He pays the stylist for putting the outfit together, but he’s wearing the clothes for free because he’s promoting the brand. Once the event is over, he has to return the clothes to Varvatos.
Seeing how he wears the brand so often, it’s not surprising if he gets some items for free or at a discounted price. So Varvatos stuff that he wears more than once - mostly shoes and two or three jackets - are the ones that he owns. Otherwise, everything else he’s worn is strictly for that appearance.
Hope this long post cleared things up!
PS: Varvatos’ charitable efforts could be one reason why he wears them all the time.
i still have feels about this pairing.
why do people describe stiles as having big brown eyes i don’t understand Dylan actually has pretty narrow eyes, that’s why stiles’ squinty judgy bitchfaces are so great soooo
every american i’ve talked to on skype asked about bagged milk so far
what the hell is bagged milk?
IT’S JUST MILK
IN A BAG
WHY IS THIS SUCH A STRANGE CONCEPT
BECAUSE IF YOU OPEN IT, DOESN’T IT GO EVERYWHERE?
HOW DO YOU EVEN
WHAT THE FUCK IS BAGGED WATER
WHY ARE YOU BAGGING DRINKS?
#nanoochka#remember when you opened your fridge#and i saw the bagged milk#and sort of had a meltdown?#good times
When Teachers have the last laugh
i didn’t know alpacas were so majestic
it is my goal to have one of these in my backyard when i am older
The emperors new groove got it right
That terrifying wonderful moment when you have a scene planned in your head, and as you’re writing it, your character does something else
Seriously, she just stormed out of the restaurant. I had such a lovely date planned for her.
I feel this post on a spiritual level!
"Please turn left in three hundred feet. Please turn left in one hundred feet. Turn left. Turn left. Your other left you idiot. Recalculating."